Orthopaedic injuries and trauma not only make a huge impact on someone’s life, but the healthcare costs are also a burden on society. Not surprisingly, a lot of research (at universities and medical device manufacturers) is going on in the orthopedic field in order to better understand the musculo-skeletal system, to design optimized implants and bone plates, and to improve orthopedic procedures.
Start from scan data and go to the full Engineering on Anatomy scope: A: examining - B: Designing - C: Modeling
The Mimics Innovation Suite has already been successfully used in the orthopedic market for many years. This is because it is ideal for finding engineering solutions to orthopedic problems.
Our orthopedic customers have chosen the Mimics Innovation Suite because it can:
- Perform accurate 3D measurements on a patient’s anatomy as well as the anatomies of a group of patients
- Export the measurements to Matlab to perform a statistical analysis or to perform extra measurements
- Help in the design of surgical guides and custom implants on patient-specific anatomy
- Export accurate meshes to the FEA package of choice to analyze bone stresses and strains
- Simulate an orthopedic surgery by performing osteotomies and bone replacements
- Produce a tangible model of a complex anatomy through Additive Manufacturing for physical testing and/or the preparation of a surgery
- Be trusted, with necessary market clearances in the US and Europe