CMF injuries, trauma, and birth defects not only make a huge impact on someone’s life, but the healthcare costs are also a burden on society. Not surprisingly, a lot of research (at universities and medical device manufacturers) is going on in the CMF field to better understand the bones of the skull, to design optimized implants and bone plates, and to improve CMF procedures.
Start from scan data and go to the full Engineering on Anatomy scope: A: examining - B: Designing - C: Modeling
The Mimics Innovation Suite has already been successfully used in the CMF market for many years. This is because it is ideal for finding engineering solutions to CMF problems.
Our CMFcustomers have chosen the Mimics Innovation Suite because it can:
- Perform accurate 3D measurements on a patient’s skull as well as the skulls of a group of patients
- Export the measurements to Matlab to perform a statistical analysis, or to perform extra measurements
- Help in the design of surgical guides and custom implants on patient-specific anatomy
- Export accurate meshes to the FEA package of your choice to analyze bone stresses and strains
- Simulate and optimize a CMF surgery by performing osteotomies, distractions, and bone repositioning
- Produce a tangible model of a complex anatomy through Additive Manufacturing for physical testing and/or the preparation of a surgery
- Be trusted, with necessary market clearances in the US and Europe