Cardiovascular disease not only makes a huge impact on someone’s life, but the healthcare costs are also a burden on society. Not surprisingly, a lot of research (at universities and medical device manufacturers) is going on in the cardiovascular field to better understand the pathologies, to design optimized implants and devices, and to optimize cardiovascular procedures.
Start from scan data and go to the full Engineering on Anatomy scope: A: examining - B: Designing - C: Modeling
The Mimics Innovation Suite allows you to find engineering solutions to cardiovascular problems by creating 3D models of different blood vessels, such as the aorta and the coronaries, including aneurysms and stenosis, and of the different parts of the heart and its valves, such as the aortic valve. Based on medical image data (CT or MRI scan (contrast enhanced)), the patient’s specific anatomy, malformations, and diseases can be examined.
Cardiovascular researchers worldwide have chosen the Mimics Innovation Suite because it can:
- Visualize the heart and vessels in 3D, based on imported 2D image data
- Perform accurate 3D measurements on a patient’s anatomy as well as the anatomies of a group of patients, using the centerline
- Export measurements to Matlab to perform a statistical analysis, or to perform extra measurements
- Use anatomical data as input for the improved design or validate the fit of heart valves, stents, stent grafts, guide wires,…
- Export accurate meshes to the CFD package of choice to analyze blood flows
- Produce a tangible model of a complex anatomy through Additive Manufacturing for device testing and/or the preparation of a surgery
- Be trusted, with necessary market clearances in the US and Europe